Friday, January 4, 2013

Fail

Alright, so this post may be a little long since I failed at the whole blogger thing.

First of all Happy New Year everyone!! I had a great time visiting Austin for two whole weeks! My husband, daughter and I did many exciting things. Miya got baptized and her great great aunts were able to be there as well as her great grandma, Elaine. Many of my hometown friends showed their support as well, it is great to know there are so many people who care!

We went to Harlingen for Christmas for the first time in about six years. Grandma made dutch pancakes, pan akin? Dutch Baby? It is basically a puffed baked pancake, it was a huge hit. Pictures coming soon! My mom and I made a ton of different cookies. Even though something went wrong every time it was still fun. (I think I will just blame the humidity.)

New Year's Eve James took us to Haven in downtown Austin. We were able to get VIP access and it was a blast! They had confetti canons, couches and never had to wait long for a drink. I was able to get my "movie style" NYE kiss with my hubby for the first time. Who doesn't love counting down then getting blasted with confetti as you kiss the love of your life?! I did feel bad about the girls passed out on the couches and falling over in their heals. I am glad to know if I had gone over board there were a few great people to watch out for me. It seemed like some of these girls had no one. 

Back to the whole Military to Spouse thing. Let me tell you something, it sucks.

After getting out I unfortunately gained the weight I had lost. I am happy to say I have found a great plan, Jaimie Eason's LiveFit on bodybuilding.com. I started today and I absolutely loved the first work out. I am still working on what weight is right for me. When I walked into the gym it was awesome. My friend Michelle's face lit up to see me back. I will now be getting up at 4 a.m. to work out with her group, oh boy. Michelle works at the station gym, she is one tough chick and has no problem telling me to suck it up. What best describes her? Well, you know that dog on Up? SQUIRREL! 

My mom helped convince me to start selling Mary Kay. I haven't sold anything yet but hopefully soon. Yes I completely stand behind the product and the price. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

Not only did I gain some weight I dropped into a depression of boredom. Fortunately it only took two weeks to find a job. I am now a supervisor at the station bowling ally, which will be perfect while I am going to school.

After going back and forth about a million times, I finally decided to go for a Marketing/Management degree. I am eager to start retraining my brain. 

What are your New Year's resolutions?

1. Healthy life style change
2. 20 lbs in 12 weeks, 51 in 8 months.
3. Be a better me in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment